Tuesday 8 May 2007

Little Foodies Fight Over Food!

My boys just had their first physical fight. They are so good with each other and apart from the odd cross word we never have to worry about them getting along.

Small had done his usual and pinched what was left of the cucumber in the fridge.
He'd left it on a table so Little had picked it up and started to eat it.
First thing I know of this is...
Small: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrghhhhhhh, my cucumber"
Little: "Well, you weren't eating it."
Small: "MY CUCUMBER"
Little: "Too late, I've eaten it. You left it on the table, I thought you didn't want it"
Boff, Crash, Small (2.5 years) pushes Little (5.5 years) who falls over.
Little: "You're ridiclious, absolutely ridicllllliiiiiiooouuusssss!"
(I don't want to correct him on how to say it properly).

Not quite a full on fight I suppose as Little didn't hit him back. All the same, over a cucumber? Over the Easter Eggs I could understand but not cucumber - my children are weird!

I think this weekend we should teach them how to have a proper fight with food. A real throwing of food sort of fight, get it out of their system. I'm thinking location: garden, I'm thinking gloopy custard and watered down jam, maybe some beans and cereal so it sticks to the wet stuff.... Oh I'm going to have so much fun....

6 comments:

Joanna said...

WONDERFUL to be fighting over cucumber ... and EVEN MORE WONDERFUL plans for a food fight - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take lots of photos!

Joanna
joannasfood.blogspot.com

Kelly-Jane said...

That so funny about the cucumber, but a staged food fight? You are a braver woman than me! ;) (or maybe I'm just a scardy cat!.)

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Thanks Joanna and Kelly-Jane,
Not sure brave is the word - very silly maybe. Too much Saturday morning TV when I was younger.

Anonymous said...

Ahh the joys of motherhood! Wonderful!

Culinary Cowgirl said...

okay, that's just funny! And you know, even if you don't have a proper food fight this weekend, it's only a matter of time before they do it themselves :)

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Thanks Marie,
Hi Culinarly Cowgirl, They're not doing it without me! Tee hee!
Amanda x

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs