Sunday 26 April 2009

Cheese and Chive Omelette


Long ago I had to be in the mood for an omelette but now I quite like them for lunch and experiment with various different flavours. The household favourite is definitely cheese and chive. We always cook each omelette per person separately, then there's no arguing about doneness or who has the bigger portion.

Cheese & Chive Omelette (for 1)
2 eggs
splodge of milk
2 oz grated cheddar
handful of chives chopped (even better if you can pick straight from the garden)
a little oil for the pan

In a bowl, whisk the eggs and milk. Heat the oil in a small frying pan and turn the grill on. When the frying pan is warm pour in the egg. Move it around with a fork a little until it starts cooking, then leave for a minute. Sprinkle the grated cheese and chopped chives over the egg, leave for a further minute then if you only have one omelette to cook put this under the grill (if your frying pan can take it). Or transfer/slide the omelette to a baking tray which can go under the grill, cook until the cheese has melted. This is a great plan I've come up with if you've got several to cook as I can use the frying pan to start another omelette. This way I can normally sit down to eat mine just as the first person is finishing theirs... hmm.

Also we don't like our egg runny in omelette, I think you need to experiment to get it right for you. We also don't add salt or pepper, we add it if we want it at the table.

Chives are Small's favourite thing at the moment. We have to stop him eating them from the front garden on the way to the car or otherwise it absolutely stinks the car out. He takes umbrage if we say it stinks. Stink being a bad word in his mind. He corrects us, saying that chives smell they don't stink!! He does make me laugh.

9 comments:

Jules said...

I also have a thing about chives at the moment, much to Hubby's annoyance! I love the flavour it gives to things.

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

He makes me laugh too! Love the way kids see the world and say it.
Single omelettes, that's a lot-a omelettes.

Sylvie said...

Simple and satisfying!

Marie Rayner said...

I love chives too. I think we need an omelet for supper tonight. Yours looks great!

♥Rosie♥ said...

Just wonderful simple and tasty!

Rosie x

Jen said...

Wow! Thanks for this simple and delicious recipe =)

foodcreate said...

I love Omelette with chives too. So tatesful:)

Thanks for sharing your recipe:)

And if you can visit me I can visit you:)

Welcome!
foodcreate.com

Chef Jeena said...

Cheese and chives are a wonderful combo, looks gorgeous.

♥peachkins♥ said...

looks perfect for breakfast!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs