Wednesday 1 April 2009

It's no joke - I was born on April Fools Day

It would be lovely to share cake for real but in the meantime please take a virtual bite! Scroll down to the bottom if you're here for the April Fools joke...

Here's coffee sponge with dark chocolate icing and white chocolate buttons and just chocolate to the right.

Simple vanilla sponge with custard filling (creme anglais if you're posh), covered in melted chocolate and decorated with white chocolate buttons.

Beautiful vanilla cupcakes

Nutty, chocolate brownies.

A nice little April Fools Joke to play tricks on people. Salt instead of sugar, had it done many times. Bit dull on your birthday. Take note people!!

However this link is great. It shows you how to make what looks like a cup of coffee or hot chocolate which has spilled. You can then place it on a carpet or sofa and preferably play the joke on someone who is very houseproud. We had friends over this afternoon and we made some of these. They're drying out as I type. Can't wait to try them. Oops! Forgot they're for the children.

Also take a quick look at this at the Guardian.

10 comments:

Jules said...

Happy Birthday!

Joanna said...

Many happy returns of the day.

Funny you should mention salt/sugar, because when I was a child, small, I made breakfast in bed for my parents, and by mistake put salt on the grapefruit instead of sugar. That was well over forty years ago, and I'm still not allowed to forget it.

Joanna

FH said...

Happy Birthday to you April fool! ;D

Enjoy the day.

Kelly-Jane said...

Happy Birthday Amanda!

Sorry I haven't been here for ages, have been under the weather.

Hope you have a lovely day :)xx

Aimée said...

This is making me hungry! Happy Birthday!

Marie Rayner said...

Awww, wish I had seen this yesterday so I could wish you a Happy Birthday on the day! Never mind, Happy Birthday a day late!! Lovely looking cakes! Best trick ever played was making my teen age son (who was always hard to get out of bed on a school day) think we'd won the lottery the night before. You never saw a kid wake up and bounce down the stairs so quickly!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Happy Birthday - a day late but a very Happy year to you now!
Love that heart shape cake!

Trig said...

A belated Happy Birthday. Sorry I didn't see this yesterday - I was a bit occupied with some April Fools jokes of my own.

Karen Baking Soda said...

Oh Amanda I am so late! (Getting back to work is playing tricks with my time) Hope you celebrated and had a wonderful day with your boys.

ChichaJo said...

Belated birthday greetings! :) Hope your day was marvellous! :)

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs